BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know i had a build around here somwhere....

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I know i had a build around here somwhere.... - Page 2 Empty Re: I know i had a build around here somwhere....

Post  kjett April 2nd 2012, 10:04 am

Dunno, ur still a fatter bastard then me. Laughing

Hows the motor assembly going?
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

I know i had a build around here somwhere.... - Page 2 Empty Re: I know i had a build around here somwhere....

Post  Old blue Racin Team April 2nd 2012, 1:17 pm

Its not, Ive been busy and every time Ive Talked to Critter hes been swamped to, so i dont know how much or if any is getting done right now
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 2nd 2012, 1:21 pm

I know the feeling. With the kids on Spring Break, I have a whole week of no after school stuff that I can acutally get out and do stuff in daylight hours. Now that the cab and bed are finally completely skinned out. I need to finish pulling all of the wiring out of the cab. It's time for a good pressure wash with soap to clean the body for paint! Should be re-assembling the thing in the next few weeks. Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team April 2nd 2012, 1:27 pm

Nice, ive pretty much finished my wiring just gotta run my power from the tailgate shut off switch to the relay and fuse block and thatll be done, then gotta run the new fuel lines and Ill be pretty much waiting on a engine then
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team April 9th 2012, 7:52 pm

Rear end is now setup with the new gears, its put back together and setting on its on tires once again... hope to have enough time after work tomorrow to pull the front end apart
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team June 4th 2012, 11:05 am

well its not the big engine that is being tinkered on in spare time BUT in effort to make sure the new shifter was setup right along with the fuel system and what not i did pick up a pretty well stock 429 put on a Stealth intake and a 750 vac secondary carb...

here's the first pass it made in 2 years... (keep in mind that i didnt get ahold of a carb that was worth a shit tell about 11am Saturday and it was being teched at the track at 2pm)

First pass
I know i had a build around here somwhere.... - Page 2 Th_ob52612-1

Second pass

I know i had a build around here somwhere.... - Page 2 Th_ob5-26-12-2
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 4th 2012, 1:08 pm

What's that leash you were carrying? Afraid you were going to get lost??? As for bolting the carb on last minute, all I hear is excuses excuses. I did the same thing a few weeks ago, putting the truck through tech with a lift plate bolted in place of the carb and still took home 2 trophys. Wink
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team June 4th 2012, 4:49 pm

That 'leash' is required for every truck that goes into the pit, Even the Modified trucks are, when Herby comes down and Runs he gets stuck pulling it to... and your engine you knew something about/was built up this one is a STOCK 429 with D3 heads
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum