BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide plates

4 posters

Go down

Guide plates Empty Guide plates

Post  Tore July 31st 2012, 9:58 am

Are the guide plates for the Ford SCJ heads the same as P-51 heads?

Thanks Tore

Last edited by Tore on July 31st 2012, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Guide plates Empty Re: Guide plates

Post  rmcomprandy July 31st 2012, 10:04 am

I don't know if they are exactly the same but, guideplates for an FRPP SCJ head work on a P-51.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans July 31st 2012, 10:17 am

Tore,

I have two sets of P-51 heads here right now. One set has shaft mounted rockers on it, thus no guideplates. The other set has stud mounted rockers on it, along with guideplates. Those guideplates are stamped; "Kaase P-51". However, just as Randy said, they are essentially the same as the SCJ guideplates and yes the SCJ guideplates will work.

As a side note, the engine builder should check his pushrod to pushrod hole clearance carefully. The pushrod holes may need to be "finessed" down at the bottom towards the deck surface. Especially the exhaust pushrod holes.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore July 31st 2012, 11:54 am

Thanks guys

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Beast August 1st 2012, 4:49 am

c.evans wrote:

As a side note, the engine builder should check his pushrod to pushrod hole clearance carefully. The pushrod holes may need to be "finessed" down at the bottom towards the deck surface. Especially the exhaust pushrod holes.

Charlie

Is this for P-51 heads in particular?

Beast
Beast

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore August 1st 2012, 7:00 am

No the Scjs.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  Beast August 1st 2012, 8:45 am

Ahh, OK I see that now. Thanks. Hadn't heard of the problem either way.
Beast
Beast

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 1st 2012, 11:02 am

Beast wrote:
c.evans wrote:

Charlie

Is this for P-51 heads in particular?

This is for the P-51 heads in particular. HOWEVER, the set that I am seeing some wear on, is the set that has a set of T&D shaft mounted rocker arms on it. That being the case, I strongly suspect that the pushrods rubbing on the pushrod holes was possibly "induced" by the T&D shaft mounted rockers and their pushrod to pushrod hole alignment.

Guys just a FYI, that regardlessof the brand of cylinder head, Edelbrock, TFS, Ford or whatever,,,,,the engine builder should always check for pushrod clearance with the pushrod holes, AND check it all the way through it's travel, from the valve being closed to open, because it will change during the course of it's travel.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum