BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

race at sanford NC

3 posters

Go down

race at sanford NC  Empty race at sanford NC

Post  Old blue Racin Team October 7th 2012, 9:05 am

I hate Bad grounds and electric Fan's.... made a 3 hour pull to Sanford NC.. Lee county Mud Motorsports for those into racing it's home of the Scooby doo racing team, they where having a 9 second 'bracket race' run as close to 9 seconds as you can with out breaking out... left the house a little after 6 and got there about 1030 get the truck backed off the trailer letting it warm up turn on my electric fan and it pop's a fuse... put in a new fuse turn it on again and pop's another one... get to checking the fan and it had froze up okay so ive made a 3 hour trip and have no cooling fan, but turns out i was first in the pit and last (inverted field for second half) so i pull up to the line (trucks only running in the 140 range by the time i get there so i let it warm to 160 and launch it starts to turn up then just start's dying turns out i had a bad ground... so i get it fired back up and pull to the pits get teh grounds all cleaned and tightened and go watch the race tell my turn... and my second pass...

race at sanford NC  Th_011-1

I hit the last hill and the score board said 5 second's so i let completely off of it then got back on it about 7.5 and the truck never opened up, i soon found out that both battery's broke loose and slung forward yanking my ground nearly completely off again...

race at sanford NC  Th_009-1

little bro ended up 13th with the jeep with a 10.6 run and i ended with 14th and a 10.7 run he took home $200 and i took home $100 there was something like 45 trucks in it....
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

race at sanford NC  Empty Re: race at sanford NC

Post  schmitty October 7th 2012, 10:27 am

cheers It snowed here Friday and Saturday, so no more racing for me.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team October 7th 2012, 12:30 pm

It was 85 here yesterday... lol

I got atleast 2 more race's id like to make, BUT Next Saturday open's the rifle part of the Freezer stocking season so idk if ill get to any more than those 2 races..
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike October 11th 2012, 10:10 pm

I've had days like that in the mud!!
It sounds like you recouped some fuel $$. So not all is bad.
I'm done for the year. Put antifreeze in the truck last week.
It wouldn't be a problem if I still mud raced but they don't like the stuff on the 1/4 mile.
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team October 12th 2012, 8:47 pm

Ive gotta re fill mine with some Anti freeze soon. its starting to get cooler here at night
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down