BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

3 posters

Go down

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question Empty Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Post  Athlonia June 3rd 2018, 3:12 pm

I received a pair of new Kaase sheet metal valve covers with my engine project purchase. Currently they have no breather holes of any kind. As stated in a previous post, this will be a street engine build. What hardware do you use to add breathers/oil fill to these covers. Is there a preferred location? As pretty as they are it feels like a crime to put a hole in them. Thank you.
Athlonia
Athlonia

Back to top Go down

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question Empty Re: Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Post  rmcomprandy June 3rd 2018, 7:08 pm

Athlonia wrote:I received a pair of new Kaase sheet metal valve covers with my engine project purchase. Currently they have no breather holes of any kind. As stated in a previous post, this will be a street engine build.  What hardware do you use to add breathers/oil fill to these covers. Is there a preferred location?  As pretty as they are it feels like a crime to put a hole in them. Thank you.

Make sure it is between rocker arms, not over one.
And, as high near the intake manifold as you can safely get.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question Empty Re: Kaase P51 Sheet Metal Valve Covers Question

Post  Athlonia June 3rd 2018, 7:18 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Athlonia wrote:I received a pair of new Kaase sheet metal valve covers with my engine project purchase. Currently they have no breather holes of any kind. As stated in a previous post, this will be a street engine build.  What hardware do you use to add breathers/oil fill to these covers. Is there a preferred location?  As pretty as they are it feels like a crime to put a hole in them. Thank you.

Thank you! Do I need to worry about any baffling?
Athlonia
Athlonia

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 4th 2018, 10:03 am

Athlonia wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Maybe but, maybe not is all I can say for sure.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 4th 2018, 10:16 am

Athlonia wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Stud girdle bars help that cause.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down