BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Root Cylinder heads

3 posters

Go down

Alan Root Cylinder heads Empty Alan Root Cylinder heads

Post  whitefield June 25th 2024, 7:08 pm

Alan Root heads for a customers 351W build . How do I identify what cylinder head he has ? Right now I am going of pics and the AR cast in them along With JAF cast in them. They have dual exhaust bolt pattern and looks like 2.02 IN and 1.60 Ex valve size again just going of the pics. I don't have them in hand yet.

Last question are the any good at making HP ?

Thanks Whitefield
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Alan Root Cylinder heads Empty Re: Alan Root Cylinder heads

Post  rmcomprandy June 26th 2024, 9:41 am

whitefield wrote:Alan Root heads for a customers 351W build . How do I identify what cylinder head he has ? Right now I am going of pics and the AR cast in them along With JAF cast in them. They have dual exhaust bolt pattern and looks like 2.02 IN and 1.60 Ex valve size again just going of the pics. I don't have them in hand yet.

Last question are the any good at making HP ?

Thanks Whitefield

Those sound like the early "K" heads; ("J" heads with bigger valves).

If so, they are not a very good head for that application unless just less weight is your goal; they are fine on a 302.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  427John June 27th 2024, 2:43 pm

I agree as some of the earliest aluminum heads offered for a SBF they were great heads for a few minutes but it didn't take long for bigger and better things to come along. One upside to them, is that with the exception of the dual exhaust bolt pattern, they probably resemble a stock casting more than any of the other aftermarket heads. They don't have the big machined flat surface on the end like most other aluminum heads, so when painted engine color they're easy to miss.

427John

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down