BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off brand shenanigans

3 posters

Go down

Off brand shenanigans Empty Off brand shenanigans

Post  torkair February 25th 2010, 4:11 pm

Well I've been fixated on this swap for quite some time and was hoping to get a little input from you guys here. I am looking at getting a Nissan 300 zx and swapping a 302/c4 into it and perhaps later down the road step it up to a 351 Cleveland. I've checked on a couple of the nissan boards and they seem to be swapping the LS1 motors into the cars more than anything else. Essentially I like the look of the car but I GOTTA have my Ford V8 power under the hood (or poking through the hood). I have all the parts needed to put together a 350-400hp 302 motor, its just a matter of getting it into the car with minimal effort if possible.

PS: This is to replace my current DD, a 92 Honda Prelude. It's good on gas, but damn if it isnt a ricer from hell.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Off brand shenanigans Empty Re: Off brand shenanigans

Post  paulie9fingers February 25th 2010, 4:17 pm

In the late 80's we put a 351 stroker in a friends 240Z, that was a bad little hummer, ran 10.80's-10.90's on the old "I" tread Mickey Thompsons on motor. We can't do swaps like that here in Maryland for daily drivers, we have emission testing Mad .
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair February 25th 2010, 5:22 pm

So long as it blows within the limits here you're good to go, doesnt matter whats under the hood Twisted Evil
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers February 25th 2010, 6:32 pm

. . not here, they do a visual to make sure it has all the "required factory" emissions in place and on the newer cars with OBD II, they just plug them in, no tailpipe test.
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair February 25th 2010, 7:07 pm

Wow, that sucks for newer cars Sad
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 25th 2010, 7:07 pm

I have always liked the little early year Datsun Z cars ever since my Dad owned a 70's 240Z many years ago. I have said this before but of all the real "small" body styles out there in my opinion the coolest for a swap would probably be either the early Datsun Z's or the mid 80's Ford EXP.

Here in the DFW area they don't "sniff" test anything over 25 years old, only a basic visual inspection for emission components of that car's era. So a 460 in a 240Z would pass no problem as long as the visual inspection showed you had the "basic" emission stuff (such as an air cleaner, PCV in the valve cover, etc, etc).
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down