BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rear lift blocks

2 posters

Go down

rear lift blocks Empty rear lift blocks

Post  Jimmy Wade April 6th 2012, 10:38 pm

Is it possible to completely remove the factory blocks and level the truck somewhat?

Jimmy Wade

Back to top Go down

rear lift blocks Empty Re: rear lift blocks

Post  schmitty April 7th 2012, 9:34 am

Most of the time, yes, but you will need to make sure there is no interference anywhere, and you will need shorter U-bolts. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Wade April 7th 2012, 9:51 am

Thanks! I was pretty sure it was possible, But wanted an opinion with someone that has more knowledge. spring wrap and wheel hop is severe on this truck. It's a mud truck, gonna pull the blocks so I can build a ladder bar set up. thanks again.

Jimmy Wade

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty April 7th 2012, 2:57 pm

What chassis, tire, and how much power? I ran a SS truck with over 650hp and tq and I put it to the ground on stock suspension. Ladder bars will help with the spring wrap, but may bind the suspension also and make traction worse if not done right. Can you run coil over shocks and ditch the leaf springs?
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Wade April 7th 2012, 5:27 pm

My truck is primarily set up for the woods, but I would rather run the bogs with it. Truck has mild 351 Windsor, np435, 205 case, Dana 60 front, sterling 10.25 rear, 4.88 gears,Detroit's front and rear, 38.5 boggers. I could ditch the springs , but money is tight. Right now just needing to get some power to the ground.

Jimmy Wade

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty April 7th 2012, 8:02 pm

If this is more of a woods bumming truck, and you are having issues with spring wrap, I would put in a traction bar on top of the rear end to keep it from rolling. This will stop the spring wrap and allow better articulation on the trail, without binding up like a set of ladder bars will. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down