BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My NMRA Bowling Green after action report

+2
56Tbird
the1969fordguyinky
6 posters

Go down

My NMRA Bowling Green after action report Empty My NMRA Bowling Green after action report

Post  the1969fordguyinky October 5th 2009, 12:40 pm

Whew! What a weekend. I only went Sat.-Sun. because I woke up to rain Friday AM.
So I get to the track nice and early and tech in and make a pass, the engine (with the new combo) ran great. The trans, on the other hand is crap. I'm on the list to get me a Frank Merkle valvebody.
So the cruise was a torture test with terrible stop and go traffic not seeing 30mph for the first 45 minutes or so. It was brutal. Get back and make the three passes.
11.18 nice motor pass
11.55 launched a bit harder and spun (this was Dana's idea Rolling Eyes )
10.86 did a partial NOS pass
11.22 average or so, it ended up being good for second in the 11 second class.
Then scramble to get back to the pits, change the tires for the burnout contest! My (1 man) crew did great and we got back in time for the show. Um, it was crazy.
I'm not sure I needed to do what I did, and I won't do it again, but I did a 20 second 7000 RPM burnout. Seriously. It blew one tire and the crowd went wild!!!!!!!!
The other cars were a quite a mix but they loved the BB Stang! So I won the burnout contest. Sweet.

By now everyone knows about Chuck. I wasn't watching when he crashed but went down before the car got back. Its rough. But we were down at that end of the track when the jet car went down. Have you seen this thing? Awesome. Um, it crashed. The driver wasn't hurt, she said it felt like it happened in slow motion.
And likely everyone has heard that Dan's badass T-bird threw a rod. Bummer.
My car got a dented quarter and a busted driver side mirror when the tire exploded.
And the race got rained out late sunday.
But it was a great weekend anyway. Meeting new people and getting back with old track friends makes it even better.

I also ran bracket on sunday with my best motor pass to date of 7.09. mmm good.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

My NMRA Bowling Green after action report Empty Re: My NMRA Bowling Green after action report

Post  56Tbird October 5th 2009, 5:33 pm

Please don't torture that nice ole Stang like that again!! I was watching and cheering for you.You won it once ,so just say your the King now and save that pretty car !! It was an awesome burnout affraid
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

My NMRA Bowling Green after action report Empty Re: My NMRA Bowling Green after action report

Post  jasonf October 5th 2009, 9:05 pm

When I seen your car on sunday I noticed the "black marks" on the fender and wondered what happened. That is a real sweet car though.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky October 6th 2009, 10:15 am

Yeah Dan I think that was a once in a lifetime deal.
Thanks for the compliment Jason.
I was wondering if anyone knows a formula to determine my MPH during that crazy burnout?
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 6th 2009, 11:29 am

the1969fordguyinky wrote:Yeah Dan I think that was a once in a lifetime deal.
Thanks for the compliment Jason.
I was wondering if anyone knows a formula to determine my MPH during that crazy burnout?

7000 rpm, 3.50 gear, stock tires........ A BUNCH affraid

Here's something to compare. My car with 4.30 gears, 31" tires at 7000rpm is 144-ish mph, your little tires didn't have a chance Twisted Evil

In the staging lanes Saturday night we were talking to James and Beth, err I mean Dana Razz Anyway, I told James that his burnout was the best and coolest and NOT just because he was my friend and it was in no way biased. James you deserved the win but please don't ever do that again What a Face
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 October 6th 2009, 2:21 pm

what size tire and what transmission and gear where you in?
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 October 6th 2009, 2:29 pm

With a 235/70/15 (28 inch tall tire) and a c-6 1st gear at 7000 rpm would be 68 mph 2nd gear at 7000rpm would be 114 mph and 3rd gear at 7000 rpm would be 166 mph.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea October 6th 2009, 2:42 pm

Keith, he was in high gear with a C6 affraid
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs October 6th 2009, 2:46 pm

Those tires never had a chance Exclamation Laughing Laughing
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky October 6th 2009, 5:01 pm

Finally got the video uploaded:

https://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p62/the1969fordguyinky/NMRA%202009/?action=view&current=BG111.flv

Here is a pic after the cruise but before the 3 rounds.

My NMRA Bowling Green after action report BG005
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down