BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan

+2
Diggindeeper
4604X4
6 posters

Go down

Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan Empty Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan

Post  4604X4 December 5th 2012, 3:58 pm

I think I'd like to borrow some money to buy a classic/muscle car. Does anyone know any reptuable firms that loan money (at a reasonable rate) for a car that does not have an appraisal?
I know of Haggarty's but I'm pretty sure the vehicle needs to be proffessionally apparaised before they are willing to lend - and I'm talking about a car value of under 20K (plus I don't want a restored car - I want to do some work on it myself).
My bank doesn't loan money for used cars over 10 year old - and a personal loan has a higher intertest rate than I currently have on my credit card (which is also a choice).
Just asking.
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan Empty Re: Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan

Post  Diggindeeper December 7th 2012, 3:46 am

Savings account

Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan Empty Re: Anyone know of a good firm for a classic car loan

Post  dfree383 December 7th 2012, 11:08 am

Not may options for something that's not appraised.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf December 9th 2012, 2:16 am

You can try JJ Best. They have classic car loans but I have no idea about requirements.

jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky December 10th 2012, 11:21 am

If you have a 401k, borrow it from that. You will have to pay it back with interest, but you pay it back to yourself! As a bonus, with the economy being like it is, you might make more money that way:D
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 December 10th 2012, 12:08 pm

the1969fordguyinky wrote:If you have a 401k, borrow it from that. You will have to pay it back with interest, but you pay it back to yourself! As a bonus, with the economy being like it is, you might make more money that way:D

You ain't "makin' no money" paying interest to yourself. Very Happy

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  the1969fordguyinky December 10th 2012, 12:33 pm

6 of one, half a dozen of the other... If I lose 10% of the investment value because a bank I never heard of laid off thousands of people and drove the market down, the money I had pulled out didn't take that "hit". Then add the 3.5% rate I'm required to pay back and I certainly came out ahead. Even though I didn't make any money.

The glass is half full. Until inflation ruins the value of all savings...
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 10th 2012, 1:48 pm

Tommyj466 wrote:
the1969fordguyinky wrote:If you have a 401k, borrow it from that. You will have to pay it back with interest, but you pay it back to yourself! As a bonus, with the economy being like it is, you might make more money that way:D

You ain't "makin' no money" paying interest to yourself. Very Happy

TJ
making more than giving it to someone else!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 December 10th 2012, 3:55 pm

Ha Ha... I'm just sayin' that's not the best financial decision you can make. I will concede that it is frustrating to watch investment values fluctuate, but that money should IMO be set aside for the long haul. Most 401K plans limit the number of outstanding loans you can have. I'd hate to have a real emergency, and not be able to access that money because I borrowed against it to buy a project car. My .02 Very Happy

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down