BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plates for tunnel ram

4 posters

Go down

Plates for tunnel ram Empty Plates for tunnel ram

Post  Godzilla February 13th 2014, 6:21 pm

I need help with the tune on my 588 ci BB Ford with 2 1050 dominators. What plates do I need and what jets should I use to get about 200 HP? The carbs have 95 jets now, but that sounds rich to me. This is a new install, so any advice would be appreciated. The truck weights 3860 with driver and runs 9:70 @ 132 in 1/4 now.

Thanks
Bob

Godzilla

Back to top Go down

Plates for tunnel ram Empty Re: Plates for tunnel ram

Post  whatbumper February 14th 2014, 12:31 am

We sell a nice dual dominator kit that sounds exactly what you are asking about.  Contact the number in the signature if interested.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman March 4th 2014, 11:38 am

95 squared times two carbs does sound rich to me but the truck looks to run well from your et.  How do your plugs look after a pass? Do they foul often?

Get that thing dialed in correct on the motor with the carb jetting, then mess with the NOS twin plate jetting afterwards.  For a total of  a 200hp shot, you'd simply jet each plate for a 100 hit.  I think a 52N jet will put you about 100hp.  Fuel jet ought to be smaller, perhaps by 4 sizes to start which is likely too fat.  Read your plugs and tune from there.  I'd start with your total at 20 degrees to be safe. I don't know your combo so I'm on the cautious side. Again, watch plugs and tune from there. Oh yea, when testing run better fuel too. Play it real safe until you start getting things sorted and you can see what it wants.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger March 4th 2014, 8:55 pm

What heads, what RPM is peak hp at? Not saying yours needs it but mine is -60CI with two 1095's and needed more jet than what you have, so don't get too concerned with the number just give it what it wants.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 4th 2014, 10:04 pm

Just bring that thing up to Caddo Mills one night and let me know when you're coming and I'll help for free the first time.  We will be tuning at Kennedale the 14th at a TOPMA race and at Ennis the 15th for a TeX275 race if you feel like making those hauls.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down