BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow....

+17
dirt_worker
DILLIGASDAVE
jones
yellowhorse7
rmcomprandy
patfromjersey
Frank Merkl
61coon
Moodyblues
bird of prey
maverick
AZFairlane
cool40
richter69
FalconEh
bruno
Mustang-junky
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow....

Post  FalconEh October 2nd 2016, 10:28 pm

Cool cheers Twisted Evil
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Guess I'll see if this pile of shit will run tomorrow....

Post  bruno October 14th 2016, 6:20 pm

update on the shit box

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 15th 2016, 11:58 pm

Been fighting me all weekend, did manage to run 179 mph w it bangin the limiter on a peddled and high gear 1/4 mile pass. Went back the next round and the carbon fiber driveshaft spun the front yoke in the tube when I turned the brake loose.

Had a decent handle on it two weeks ago this weekend it wouldnt move out of its own tracks. May try a gear swap and see what happens... Track was so so, its like if its on point i can get it down on one kit good, try both and no dice. It did make a decent run off the trailer yesterday, but used up the whole lane in the process.

Starting to get a bit aggravated w it tbh, may park it and go play with guns again idk.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 16th 2016, 12:28 am

Keep at it! It'll be worth it in the end! Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick October 16th 2016, 9:25 am

Using up the whole lane ?? get out of it, don't need you ending up like some others. There's always another day to race and it's not like you are getting paid to risk your life out there.
Be safe
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 16th 2016, 10:18 am

Eh, i got mad skills.....

Gonna throw 1.58 gearset back in trans and play with rear gear as needed.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 17th 2016, 9:30 am

richter69 wrote:Eh, i got mad skills..... Famous last words ! ! ! ! !   Right there with Hey yall watch this. Crying or Very sad  

Gonna throw 1.58 gearset back in trans and play with rear gear as needed.

What material is the borrowed drive shaft made of? Fiber shaft most likely didn't shock the tires like the new one does.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 17th 2016, 5:27 pm

Same shaft pst carbon.

Dawned on me my slicks are 2 yrs old.... Gonna stick some new uns on and see what happens
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick October 17th 2016, 7:38 pm

richter69 wrote:Same shaft pst carbon.

Dawned on me my slicks are 2 yrs old.... Gonna stick some new uns on and see what happens

I'd expect better results. Even with zero passes on 'em, 2 year old tires are for swap meets. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 17th 2016, 10:28 pm

Sat too long waiting on a bullet i rekon
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh October 17th 2016, 10:37 pm

richter69 wrote:Been fighting me all weekend, did manage to run 179 mph w it bangin the limiter on a peddled and high gear 1/4 mile pass. Went back the next round and the carbon fiber driveshaft spun the front yoke in the tube when I turned the brake loose.

Had a decent handle on it two weeks ago this weekend it wouldnt move out of its own tracks. May try a gear swap and see what happens... Track was so so, its like if its on point i can get it down on one kit good, try both and no dice. It did make a decent run off the trailer yesterday, but used up the whole lane in the process.

Starting to get a bit aggravated w it tbh, may park it and go play with guns again idk.

Sounds like you acquired some more brass/copper and need a stress reliever, go bust some rounds...might help to get back in the groove with the Tang Tack Driver. Cool
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield October 17th 2016, 11:35 pm

[quote="richter69"]Sat too long waiting on a bullet i rekon[/quot

Hang in there you will get it.

whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh October 25th 2016, 9:55 pm

Bump for a shakedown with a 1.58 and some new boots progressing with enough NOS to drop kick a mule...maybe some HeRo footage too. Very Happy
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 26th 2016, 9:17 am

Waitin on slicks and the next race date, should be the 5th.
1.80 still in, made a few sus changes and plan on hitting it harder instead of softer... See what happens.

If the weather turns to crap prob be next spring
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3