BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valve cover spacers

+2
stanger68
rmcomprandy
6 posters

Go down

Valve cover spacers  Empty Valve cover spacers

Post  manofmerc May 27th 2024, 5:48 pm

Just wondering what is out there I have some thicker gaskets but believe after tightening them down a few times they will make contact with the valve covers I am using .With my shock towers i have to use an old school cj valve cover or an old pair of M/T valve covers using H-S rockers they hit my valve covers .Also thinking of a set of 1.80 rockers in the future so I need to space things up .Doug afro

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Valve cover spacers  Empty Re: Valve cover spacers

Post  rmcomprandy May 27th 2024, 9:23 pm

manofmerc wrote:Just wondering what is out there I have some thicker gaskets but believe after tightening them down a few times they will make contact with the valve covers I am using .With my shock towers i have to use an old school cj valve cover or an old pair of M/T valve covers using H-S rockers they hit my valve covers .Also thinking of a set of 1.80 rockers in the future so I need to space things up .Doug afro

Spacing stock type covers will be near the same total height as the rounded tall covers.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 May 27th 2024, 9:32 pm

I have seen 3/8, 1/2”,, 1”, and 1-3/8” spacers online. Quick google search brings up several current options of the first and latter i listed above.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Valve cover spacers  Empty Alright

Post  manofmerc May 28th 2024, 3:56 am

Thanks afro

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Valve cover spacers  Empty Found something

Post  manofmerc May 30th 2024, 4:44 am

Spoke with a business owner at Medice mfg. He has a selection of valve cover spacers for most all engines and has different thicknesses available .Whenever I get these I will report back .He seems to be an independent business owner .We will see.Doug afro

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Mark Miller, KATIE460 and stanger68 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf June 2nd 2024, 1:29 am

manofmerc wrote:Spoke with a business owner at Medice mfg. He has a selection of valve cover spacers for most all engines and has different thicknesses available .Whenever I get these I will report back .He seems to be an independent business owner .We will see.Doug afro

Years ago I worked in Ohio and they would go to local swap meets with a display. I have a set of their FE Windsor adapters. I wouldn't suspect any issues. They also make a BBC to 460 adapter but their prices sure have gone up since I shopped there.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Valve cover spacers  Empty Called

Post  manofmerc June 2nd 2024, 4:57 am

Whenever I called the owner was at a swap meet .He told me to call the following monday .I plan to do this and order these spacers .When they come I will have an answer .Thanks afro

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  amthatiam June 5th 2024, 9:32 am

They make excellent spacers, you won't be disappointed.
amthatiam
amthatiam

Back to top Go down

Valve cover spacers  Empty Nice

Post  manofmerc June 10th 2024, 4:40 am

Look really good nice simple packaging with stainless bolts .Probably getting some studs I prefer studs going into aluminum price was reasonable under $200 Medice manfacturing for the win!

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KATIE460 June 17th 2024, 7:41 pm

manofmerc wrote:Spoke with a business owner at Medice mfg. He has a selection of valve cover spacers for most all engines and has different thicknesses available .Whenever I get these I will report back .He seems to be an independent business owner .We will see.Doug afro

My dad uses his stuff, works great, and he does sell a lot of them. He also has BOSS 429 spacers for sale

KATIE460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down