BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Bears

+4
billandlori
69F100
res0rli9
Diggindeeper
8 posters

Go down

Black Bears Empty Black Bears

Post  Diggindeeper August 22nd 2010, 9:00 pm

had an interesting experience....kind of, with a bear this morning. I wake up early for work so even on weekends i'm up before 6am. I got up and made some coffee, then decided to let the dogs out. I opened the door and sitting there looking at me was a small black bear. Well it ran right off the bat, and my little border collie cross who can be aggressive at times chased the damn bear down the street. Laughing Laughing
I'm glad she didnt corner it as who knows what it would have done. It was funny though to see a little border collie put the fear of death into a bear twice her size.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Black Bears Empty Re: Black Bears

Post  res0rli9 August 22nd 2010, 9:16 pm

The Little Bears Momma will be there Sunday morning for breakfast affraid Razz Razz

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 22nd 2010, 9:36 pm

That remines me of the time we ran up on a black bear in the smokey montains one summer on vacation I was about 12 years old then.But is was alittle different they was a cub on one of the trails going up to cave we were in a group of about 20 going up the trail.As we came up to the cub they was a guy in the group ran the little one off the trail as about half of us went by the moma bear charged at us I was at the back of the pack when we go around the bend I was in the front of the group about 20 or 30 foot ahead of everybody ealse and only 10 left in the group .An 5 in the group was my Dad,Moma,2 Sisters,and me with 2 ladies,2 men,and a teenage girl.After we made it to the cave my Dad had to lead everybody back down as they were scared the bear might still be there but wedidn't see them on the way back down.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 23rd 2010, 2:15 am

69F100 wrote:That remines me of the time we ran up on a black bear in the smokey montains one summer on vacation I was about 12 years old then.But is was alittle different they was a cub on one of the trails going up to cave we were in a group of about 20 going up the trail.As we came up to the cub they was a guy in the group ran the little one off the trail as about half of us went by the moma bear charged at us I was at the back of the pack when we go around the bend I was in the front of the group about 20 or 30 foot ahead of everybody ealse and only 10 left in the group .An 5 in the group was my Dad,Moma,2 Sisters,and me with 2 ladies,2 men,and a teenage girl.After we made it to the cave my Dad had to lead everybody back down as they were scared the bear might still be there but wedidn't see them on the way back down.

That proves you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than the slowest guy in your group!! cheers

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce August 23rd 2010, 8:59 am

I was putting shingles on the roof of my new garage a few years ago, when I heard a tree fall in the wooded area behind my property. When I looked in the direction of the noise, I spotted something running like hell from the area. I couldn't make out what it was until it stopped in a small clearing, turned and looked directly at me, it was a black bear that I guesstimate weighed about 150 - 200 pounds! I later found out that the bear was giving himself a vigorous back rub on a dead tree and it broke and fell - scaring the hell out of himself. I know that they're out there, but that was the first and last time I saw one. I'm glad my Rotty wasn't outside, as he wasn't affraid of anything, or anyone - but I think that bear would have gotten the best of him!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra August 23rd 2010, 11:34 am

Scary thing is that momma bear wasn't too far away Shocked and your right Wayne the biggest meanest rotty isnt a match for a black bear.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 23rd 2010, 11:36 am

billandlori wrote:
69F100 wrote:That remines me of the time we ran up on a black bear in the smokey montains one summer on vacation I was about 12 years old then.But is was alittle different they was a cub on one of the trails going up to cave we were in a group of about 20 going up the trail.As we came up to the cub they was a guy in the group ran the little one off the trail as about half of us went by the moma bear charged at us I was at the back of the pack when we go around the bend I was in the front of the group about 20 or 30 foot ahead of everybody ealse and only 10 left in the group .An 5 in the group was my Dad,Moma,2 Sisters,and me with 2 ladies,2 men,and a teenage girl.After we made it to the cave my Dad had to lead everybody back down as they were scared the bear might still be there but wedidn't see them on the way back down.

That proves you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than the slowest guy in your group!! cheers

Bill

Natural Selection at work. Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 23rd 2010, 12:03 pm

I was over at my grandparents Neibhors house last week with my grandpa and as where setting at the people kitchen table we see one of there cats go running across the yard and jump in the pool followed by a 250-275# bear, of course i found it funny but they didnt...
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down