BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advice for picking the right stall convertor

5 posters

Go down

advice for picking the right stall convertor Empty advice for picking the right stall convertor

Post  truck-collector September 27th 2010, 10:01 pm

Hello- Im trying to decide which stall convertor I should choose for my truck. Its driven on the street and maybe will go to the strip once a year. Heres as much info as I can think of: 1967 f250 2 wheel drive, title weight in stock form is like 3900lbs, 460 with '76 c6. Engine has 10.25 cr, edelbrock performer rpm heads, cam, and intake. Power range is from 1500-6500 RPMs. Rear end is 3.54 w/ locker. Tires are about 26" tall (trucks lowered and has low profile tires). Transmission has a manual valve body. Any suggestions on a stall speed?

truck-collector

Back to top Go down

advice for picking the right stall convertor Empty Re: advice for picking the right stall convertor

Post  f250mike September 27th 2010, 10:17 pm

I'm using a TCI streetfighter p/n 441300.
I can hold 3800rpm with the transbrake.
It's not a high dollar race converter but is holding up well so far.

mike
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

advice for picking the right stall convertor Empty Re: advice for picking the right stall convertor

Post  whatbumper September 27th 2010, 10:46 pm

check out redneck performance. cheap but good!

http://www.redneck-performance.com/

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 28th 2010, 7:46 am

call a reputable convertor builder and get it right.

Ultimate, JW, TCI, ATI, Etc.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper September 28th 2010, 8:37 am

dfree383 wrote:call a reputable convertor builder and get it right.

Not to bust your chop but that company I listed above is actually very good. The are a reputable company with plenty of fast cars using their product. Anything from tractor pullers, to offroad guys, to drag racers (lots of NMRA guys).

I like PTC more than any of the ones listed above but he doesn't need a $900 conv. He can get custom one that will work better than that off the shelf stuff from TCI at half the price and they have a very good warranty. If you've never heard of them just go to YB or Google. They have good reviews on low horsepower cars but when you get to a 1000+ I would use something different.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 28th 2010, 8:51 am

i use Cameron's Torque Convertor services and have had great service and support from them and there price is very reasonable

http://www.q8outlaws.com/cam/index.htm

another great in the business in UCC , give lenny a call also even if you dont buy from him he will give you some great advice Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 28th 2010, 8:58 am

whatbumper wrote:

Not to bust your chop but that company I listed above is actually very good. The are a reputable company with plenty of fast cars using their product. Anything from tractor pullers, to offroad guys, to drag racers (lots of NMRA guys).

I like PTC more than any of the ones listed above but he doesn't need a $900 conv. He can get custom one that will work better than that off the shelf stuff from TCI at half the price and they have a very good warranty. If you've never heard of them just go to YB or Google. They have good reviews on low horsepower cars but when you get to a 1000+ I would use something different.

The point is to pick a reputable company and find some one you trust and are comfortable with. I like JW and Lenny at UCC is high on my list too.... if you like Red Neck thats your choice.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  truck-collector September 28th 2010, 12:50 pm

If I were to call a Summit or a jegs, would they be able to help me decide which one to use?

truck-collector

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper September 28th 2010, 12:54 pm

dfree383 wrote:
whatbumper wrote:

The point is to pick a reputable company and find some one you trust and are comfortable with. I like JW and Lenny at UCC is high on my list too.... if you like Red Neck thats your choice.

Well, I don't use them anymore but I was just pointing out that most people with lower horsepower cars don't need to spend the money for a "name brand" when one of these others can build one that works just as well. For top end stuff, yes go with the better names because they have the experience to help you dial in everything better.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper September 28th 2010, 12:54 pm

truck-collector wrote:If I were to call a Summit or a jegs, would they be able to help me decide which one to use?

That would be the LAST thing that I would do. Give any of the previously named companies in this thread a call first.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 28th 2010, 1:08 pm

whatbumper wrote:
truck-collector wrote:If I were to call a Summit or a jegs, would they be able to help me decide which one to use?

That would be the LAST thing that I would do. Give any of the previously named companies in this thread a call first.

X2
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down