BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no gutting rules.......B.S.!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

no gutting rules.......B.S.!!!!! Empty no gutting rules.......B.S.!!!!!

Post  mudtrucker January 19th 2012, 8:37 am

Alot of mud bog and or mud drag events and or organizations have no gutting rules. Well most every gutted truck I have seen has a cage in it. I am in the process of putting a 12 point cage in my ranger and I will garuntee you the cage ways much more than the interior and sheet metal that I removed when I "gutted" it.
So why wouldn't we have rules that say gutting aloud if a "cage" is installed ? Just a thought!!!
mudtrucker
mudtrucker

Back to top Go down

no gutting rules.......B.S.!!!!! Empty Re: no gutting rules.......B.S.!!!!!

Post  lghting94 January 19th 2012, 11:23 am

When I was running I had a 7-point cage inside the cab and because of that the tech guys generally let me off on some things (I had no interior, no heater box, no factory wiring). they told me if somone complained I might hafta put some of it back in but no one ever complained about that as my truck was still heavier than most of my competitions ( I personally weighed one of theirs(a good friend) that supposedly wasnt gutted and it was 700 pounds lighter than my truck. Best advice I can give is try to become friends with the tech guys!!!
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down