BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

off season ranger updates

+6
schmitty
61coon
Mike R
res0rli9
dfree383
kjett
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

off season ranger updates - Page 2 Empty Re: off season ranger updates

Post  lghting94 June 1st 2012, 9:32 am

Karl I like the pedal you have posted. Also I used that cable on a dodge truck I was working on two years ago and it was a pain in the @$$, also I used the jegs version of the adjustable cable bracket for the dominator on my truck and all I ever got was 3/4 throttle, ended up cutting it up and just using it for the return springs it had and reinstalling my factory pedal and linkage. Hope this helps.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 1st 2012, 11:11 am

That's part of my problem now. I used another Speedway full pedal setup (looks like a clone of the hot foot) and the cable and cable retention setup is crap. I only was able to get about 3/5 throttle with it at best. Not good. Last year I had the stock pedal and a lokar cable and all was good until I popped the pedal off in my hands, so thought that would be a good self contained solution. NOT! Now, I'm just trying to get something that works without too much thought. I don't have room in my tranny hump for mechanical linkage, so it's either cable or come up with a hydraulic setup.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 June 1st 2012, 11:18 am

Just thinking out loud(so to speak) but I am guessing that pedal is completly inside the cab, if so the arm with the holes should extend up under the dash which shoud allow a hole to be drilled thru the firewall and a rod(linkage) slipped thru the hole and connected to pedal and carb.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett June 1st 2012, 11:24 am

It does extend up under the dash, and is about where the original cable hole for the stock pedal was at. Would need to go up another 3-4" to get where a straight linkage would work unless I come up with some type of z bar piviot dealio. Too much to go wrong there.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 June 1st 2012, 11:28 am

or the rod could be something other than straight, or add length to the pedal shaft to get the height you need.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2