BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how much valve lift on stock springs?

5 posters

Go down

how much valve lift on stock springs? Empty how much valve lift on stock springs?

Post  base5racing May 21st 2012, 10:35 pm

I have a 71 429 with D0VE-C heads and was wondering how much lift the stock springs could take before I'd have to start running double springs ? I 've had triple spring heads in the past with a 700 lift and 300 duration cam but I dont have the money to do that again so I was just curious if anybody new what the biggest lift cam was that I could put in with the stock springs ? Thanks for the help !

base5racing

Back to top Go down

how much valve lift on stock springs? Empty Re: how much valve lift on stock springs?

Post  dfree383 May 21st 2012, 10:46 pm

What cam are you thinking about? How bigs the CID? What's are you using t for?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

how much valve lift on stock springs? Empty Re: how much valve lift on stock springs?

Post  rmcomprandy May 21st 2012, 11:15 pm

The bottom of the retainer will contact the seal before the springs bind.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fordman50 May 28th 2012, 9:08 pm

stock springs are for stock cams. You cam card or manufacturer will have very specific matched springs that the prescribe. Never run stock springs with a bigger cam

fordman50

Back to top Go down

Post  cturk1010 May 28th 2012, 9:21 pm

x2 on that stock springs hardly handel the stock cam and springs are not that much money if you do the cam you should do the timing chain i think you can get stronger springs in a single so you dont have to mill the heads for the dual springs

cturk1010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down