BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories

+6
Larry T
bigblockfox468
Dave C.
bbf-falcon
Mike R
dave d
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories Empty Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories

Post  dave d March 25th 2013, 3:50 pm

http://hipspics.freewebspace.com/gas/gas.html
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories Empty Re: Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories

Post  Mike R March 25th 2013, 6:03 pm

I know some old school mechanics, 3 brothers that run a shop a block from where I work. Just like the 1st picture, they still wear white coveralls and you will NEVER see them dirty. I've known these guys for 35 years and the only thing that has changed is their building. Honest, reputable mechanics who will do a race car alignment with you in the drivers seat.

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories Empty Re: Gas Stations and their cars ... Memories

Post  bbf-falcon March 25th 2013, 7:57 pm

Cool pic's Davey boy Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 8:12 pm

Wow ..old memories...I worked at a DX station while in highschool...Full service deal.We filled er up,clean the windshield,aired up the tires, checked the oil ,And bring ur change back to the car...Even hand washed the cars. We sold Super Premium `260' fuel to the race guys... Now days you would get shot if you ran out to a customers car!

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 March 25th 2013, 8:21 pm

Neat Cool Thanks for posting that cheers
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T March 25th 2013, 8:32 pm

true story about low gas prices back in the day:dad had a 59 ford rag top 406 with 3 duces 4 speed on the colum with overdrive and it liked gas Laughing we would get up on sunday fill it up drive as far as 1 tank would go fill it up again for the ride back home.we were on our way back home from visiting ant rose in hickory nc i seen a sign that said gas 24cents.dad was clipping along pretty good all of the sudden he slamed the brakes on stoped in the middle of the road!mom looked over at dad and said what in the world is the matter?he said hell im not going by that station with out filling up! and that was the last time i seen it that low Evil or Very Mad
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 8:35 pm

Yep only the big cars would hold 10 bucks worth...

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 9:01 pm

One day a guy in a Boss 429 Mustang came in and I ran out there even though he was at the self service pump...I must have been slobbering on the car cause he smiled and ask me if I wanted to check the oil......I'll never forget that car. or that day.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 25th 2013, 9:24 pm

Larry T wrote:true story about low gas prices back in the day:dad had a 59 ford rag top 406 with 3 duces 4 speed on the colum with overdrive and it liked gas Laughing we would get up on sunday fill it up drive as far as 1 tank would go fill it up again for the ride back home.we were on our way back home from visiting ant rose in hickory nc i seen a sign that said gas 24cents.dad was clipping along pretty good all of the sudden he slamed the brakes on stoped in the middle of the road!mom looked over at dad and said what in the world is the matter?he said hell im not going by that station with out filling up! and that was the last time i seen it that low Evil or Very Mad

4 on the tree huh, lol!

I had a 62 406 3x2 w/factory 4.11 and it had the ole 3 on the tree w/od.The od wasn't another gear though,it free wheeled when you let off the accelerator when you had the od cable pulled out. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 9:32 pm

If i thought a Full Service station would work i'd retire and open one up...I'm afraid those days will never come back.Heck we fixed flats and did oil changes too!

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 25th 2013, 9:54 pm

I miss those days of pulling up getting a oil change , tires ,tire repair , gas, orange krush and a snack out of the Toms machine !

Thanks for sharing the pics!
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 10:03 pm

In the first pic ,the gal in the front row exposing her sock must have been the tramp of the group... tongue

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield March 25th 2013, 10:05 pm

Dave C. wrote:In the first pic ,the gal in the front row exposing her sock must have been the tramp of the group... tongue

gOOD EYES
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 10:21 pm

In #24 looks like ol Johnny and the Cajuns are playin the bowlin alley..Reminds me of a couple Jeff Bridges movies.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 25th 2013, 10:39 pm

#31...I'll bet all the moon shiners in the area knew where to get a Flat Headed Ford tweaked after hours. Twisted Evil

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 March 26th 2013, 12:43 am

Dave C. wrote:If i thought a Full Service station would work i'd retire and open one up...I'm afraid those days will never come back.Heck we fixed flats and did oil changes too!

We still have one full service station left here I bought 2 new tires from Tire Rack for my F250 the other day and carried my truck to them to have them put on the rims. Took the guy about 20 mins to pull the front tires off the truck mounted and balanced them new ones I ask him how much I o you he said $20.I bought a set of 4 tires for the wife's car from him $280 mounted and balanced not sure how much i
his gas is but I believe it was about the same as self service stores around here.I know he stays busy all the time with tires,oil changes,minor engine work,and gas.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dave d March 26th 2013, 7:50 am

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the pictures, cheers the good old days remember the GAS wars Very Happy filling up on a fri or sat night with everybodys change and cruising all night. Check out #3 on the right of the picture COBRA maybe setting at the gas station. Won't see that now days

Last edited by dave d on March 26th 2013, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
dave d
dave d

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 26th 2013, 8:09 am

Dave C. wrote:If i thought a Full Service station would work i'd retire and open one up...I'm afraid those days will never come back.Heck we fixed flats and did oil changes too!

It would if you couldl afford to hire hot chics to wash windshields and check oil. NK Very Happy Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T March 26th 2013, 7:13 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Larry T wrote:true story about low gas prices back in the day:dad had a 59 ford rag top 406 with 3 duces 4 speed on the colum with overdrive and it liked gas Laughing we would get up on sunday fill it up drive as far as 1 tank would go fill it up again for the ride back home.we were on our way back home from visiting ant rose in hickory nc i seen a sign that said gas 24cents.dad was clipping along pretty good all of the sudden he slamed the brakes on stoped in the middle of the road!mom looked over at dad and said what in the world is the matter?he said hell im not going by that station with out filling up! and that was the last time i seen it that low Evil or Very Mad

4 on the tree huh, lol!

I had a 62 406 3x2 w/factory 4.11 and it had the ole 3 on the tree w/od.The od wasn't another gear though,it free wheeled when you let off the accelerator when you had the od cable pulled out. Very Happy

no joke on the 4 on the tree Wink it was a t10 top loader dad could'n afford to buy the hurst floor shifter so he modified the shift linkage to were it would work.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 26th 2013, 7:27 pm

Thats cool. The only factory 4 on the tree I have ever seen was on a little foreign car my Dad traded for when I was a kid, called a "Goliath". Fun as hell to drive.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 26th 2013, 9:36 pm

Rick it looks like Mr.Gilmore was reading ur mind....All three showin calves ..TRAMPS!!

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 26th 2013, 9:36 pm

#5 BY THE WAY.

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 26th 2013, 9:44 pm

#27...HOW DID THEY PARK THE CARS ON THAT RACK?

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M March 26th 2013, 10:32 pm

If its full service gas pumps you crave, move to Jersey. Its ILLEGAL in this stupid ass state to PUMP YOUR OWN GAS. Just dont try to carry on a conversation with the attendant unless you speak the same language as the third world shit hole he came from.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. March 26th 2013, 10:35 pm

Are you kidding? Do they service ur car at all or just pump gas?

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next