BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters..

3 posters

Go down

Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters.. Empty Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters..

Post  birdracer February 1st 2011, 10:16 am

Charlie how much of an effect do you believe the port roof height difference makes in the real world?..I used .125" a460 gaskets and raised the manifold as much as I could..A pretty nice transition was able to be made with porting the adapters and intake..I have ran across some pretty ugly intake to head mismatches that ran pretty good.just curious on your thoughts...Thanks for your help..Brian W

birdracer

Back to top Go down

Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters.. Empty Re: Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters..

Post  Curt February 1st 2011, 11:22 am

pirat pirat pirat Charlie. while this thread is open,,,,,,,,,,,,, have you ever thought about cutting the adapters for O'Rings? Thanks
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters.. Empty Re: Charlie Evans...a question on a460 TR to c460 adapters..

Post  c.evans February 1st 2011, 1:31 pm

Brian,

I am glad you took your time and did it right. I do think it is very important to have a good match between the intake and the heads. Like you, I have seen some pretty ugly stuff before. As you look down those A-460 runners into the C-460 intake ports you are seeking a best compromise position when comparing the roof to the roof, and the floor to the floor. All you can do with the manifold is raise it or lower it as needed, for sure you can't go forward or backwards. I use the four very corner vertical bolt holes, as "line-up" pins and put long studs in those holes.

Curt,

Yes, Terry Conolty bugged me about using O-rings around the ports. I told him if he wanted to o-ring them to go ahead and do it himself. They did. The intake ports don't leak,,,,,but I think now they have had some leaking around the water jacket holes. So TA31 and gaskets work fine for me. Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt February 1st 2011, 1:48 pm

If you like it, I love it. Thanks I love you
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  birdracer February 1st 2011, 1:59 pm

Thanks Charlie..there was more difference at the roof than the floors,just couldnt get the manifold any higher or the a460 ports taller,no material on the manifold..but I don't feel from what I know that any big loss will be seen..this thing should make at least 300 hp! Laughing

birdracer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down