BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a460 motosport heads

+6
schmitty
cool40
rmcomprandy
c.evans
cletus66
quartermileking
10 posters

Go down

a460 motosport heads Empty a460 motosport heads

Post  quartermileking May 23rd 2011, 7:19 pm

I bought these heads with intake.Not to many people know to much about them.They say like scj or TF but they are not . Ive been told they are an old set of procomp heads.All i do know is that they are 2'' taller then cj . I have them mach. they look great and ports are huge and they have chevy flanges .Can any one tell me exc. what they are? what to esp. king king king

quartermileking

Back to top Go down

a460 motosport heads Empty Re: a460 motosport heads

Post  cletus66 May 23rd 2011, 8:13 pm

Is this a joke or a serious question? scratch
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 23rd 2011, 8:23 pm

The Ford A-460 heads will have the logo "Ford Motorsports" cast into the ends of the cylinder heads. These heads require the following dedicated parts.

1. specific A-460 design intake manifolds.

2. specific A-460 pistons with different valve reliefs.

3. specific headers with a flange bolt pattern that is the same as a BB Chevy, however the bolt holes with be "spread" .060" because of Fords bigger bore spacing.

4. specific A-460 cylinder heads parts such as longer valves; intakes = 5.750" and exhausts = 5.700", different guide plates, and different stud girdles.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quartermileking May 23rd 2011, 8:43 pm

A joke what do you mean a joke am i a F-clown am I hear to amuse you am i here to make you laugh lol ok thats my JOE PESHi-GOODFELLAS. NO for real its not a joke this is my first bigblock build . Im not the guy with his own shop or 50000 for my build. I dont undrestand the joke I was just thinking that somebodey knows more then me about these.It sound like you know its sounds like you prob. know a little somthing about everything.So if you do know more then me about these heads please share if you have the time to school a little jokester like my self with your worldly knowledge. Thanks I think. king Mr. Evens thankyou for your time and help . I knew most of that I guess i wanted to know how they stack up against the other heads.

quartermileking

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 23rd 2011, 8:50 pm

quartermileking wrote:A joke what do you mean a joke am i a F-clown am I hear to amuse you am i here to make you laugh lol ok thats my JOE PESHi-GOODFELLAS. NO for real its not a joke this is my first bigblock build . Im not the guy with his own shop or 50000 for my build. I dont undrestand the joke I was just thinking that somebodey knows more then me about these.It sound like you know its sounds like you prob. know a little somthing about everything.So if you do know more then me about these heads please share if you have the time to school a little jokester like my self with your worldly knowledge. Thanks I think. king Mr. Evens thankyou for your time and help . I knew most of that I guess i wanted to know how they stack up against the other heads.

You DID ask what they are.
They stack-up very well and are a good baseline to a very good pair of heads.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  quartermileking May 23rd 2011, 8:57 pm

CLETUS66- sorry if i snapped at you or came off wrong thanks for any help or knowledge

quartermileking

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 23rd 2011, 9:09 pm

pic's would help for sure but Charlie covered it pritty good.lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 23rd 2011, 9:34 pm

Uncle Charlie covered it pretty well Chris. These heads I believe were the original design of this series of heads and there have been quite a few upgrades through the years on them as far as castings. There are quite a few companies that are making an "A" head these days. TFS, IDT, and IIRC Flow Technologies. With a proper combo set up right, you can get around 1000hp from them. Cool The newer castings will do a fair bit better if done by someone who knows how to prepare them. Uncle Charlie and Randy are doing quite well with these and have a lot of experience with them.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett May 23rd 2011, 10:56 pm

THey are junk, send them to me and I will properly dispose of them for you. Razz
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy May 23rd 2011, 11:22 pm

kjett wrote:THey are junk, send them to me and I will properly dispose of them for you. Razz
Don't let this guy fool ya, I'll give you scrap price, deal? Question clown
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea May 24th 2011, 12:10 pm

95lightiningguy wrote:
kjett wrote:THey are junk, send them to me and I will properly dispose of them for you. Razz
Don't let this guy fool ya, I'll give you scrap price, deal? Question clown

scrap price plus $50 Razz

Post any and all numbers or marks on the heads and we can help much more... Pictures would help as well...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 24th 2011, 9:11 pm

pic of mine when i was worken on it last year.these are early castings.a460 motosport heads Progre10
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 May 25th 2011, 12:28 pm

quartermileking wrote:A joke what do you mean a joke am i a F-clown am I hear to amuse you am i here to make you laugh lol ok thats my JOE PESHi-GOODFELLAS. NO for real its not a joke this is my first bigblock build . Im not the guy with his own shop or 50000 for my build. I dont undrestand the joke I was just thinking that somebodey knows more then me about these.It sound like you know its sounds like you prob. know a little somthing about everything.So if you do know more then me about these heads please share if you have the time to school a little jokester like my self with your worldly knowledge. Thanks I think. king Mr. Evens thankyou for your time and help . I knew most of that I guess i wanted to know how they stack up against the other heads.

Sorry, the procomp part threw me off........ Shocked
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  quartermileking May 25th 2011, 7:20 pm

Thanks for the pic. Thats them intake and waterpump to. It looks good REAL GOOD ! It gives me motovation.I wanted a low 10 car 0n a 533 13-1 conp. in a foxbodey . Just grudge race with cuzin and friends some not so friends mostly at the track Laughing but you know somtimes you got to put gas in the car when you can $$$.Around here on summer nights after 12 you know were to go its on.Thanks

quartermileking

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 25th 2011, 7:34 pm

quartermileking wrote:Thanks for the pic. Thats them intake and waterpump to. It looks good REAL GOOD ! It gives me motovation.I wanted a low 10 car 0n a 533 13-1 conp. in a foxbodey . Just grudge race with cuzin and friends some not so friends mostly at the track Laughing but you know somtimes you got to put gas in the car when you can $$$.Around here on summer nights after 12 you know were to go its on.Thanks

Around here on summer nights after 12 you know were to go its on.Thanks[/quote]

No matter where you at the racing should only be done on the track racing on back roads could be bad.Crash you could die before anybody get out to you on the back roads or kill somebody ealse .Crash at the track you got safety works starting to you before you finish crashing.Just something to think about plus it legal on the track no fines.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down