BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intake Choice

3 posters

Go down

Intake Choice Empty Intake Choice

Post  nosfomoco January 2nd 2012, 5:52 pm

Ok I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post.

I have built a few BBF's in jet boats, but I am stuck on my current question.

The Motor is a D1VE block .080 over with SRP flat tops(almost 11:1), Scat H-beam rods, ARP main studs.
- Heads are ported C9VE's w/2.19, 1.76 valves.
-Cam: Comp Cam Magnum 300A-R10(solid roller)
-Intake was a Weiand tunnel ram w/2 750dp Holleys
-Rewarder open headers

I had this combo in an 18ft Kachina Jet boat Spinning an Aggressor B cut bronze impeller to 5900Rpms @ 93mph.

I am putting this motor in a 21ft Eliminator mini day which is a bit heavier( going to run same Impeller), plus I am not going to run the tunnel ram so I can keep the engine under the cover. I am changing the exhaust to Lightening water jacketed headers through transom. So here is the big question, which intake and carb to run to get same performance as the tunnel ram? I was thinking a FMS with a 1050 Dominator. Which intake lines up the best with Factory heads? Does the Victor or TFS work better? What about a Port O Sonic with a Dom flange? I have also never ran a Dominator carb, which is recommended 2 circut or 3?

Thanks

Last edited by nosfomoco on January 2nd 2012, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

nosfomoco

Back to top Go down

Intake Choice Empty Re: Intake Choice

Post  rmcomprandy January 2nd 2012, 7:09 pm

With your situation I would use a Torquer II intake with a 1 inch thick "Cloverleaf" spacer, (a TFS "Track Heat" if you wish to spend the extra money for only a few more horsepower), and start with one of your 750's

You won't need a Dominator for a 477 at only 5,900 RPM.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nosfomoco January 2nd 2012, 9:51 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:With your situation I would use a Torquer II intake with a 1 inch thick "Cloverleaf" spacer, (a TFS "Track Heat" if you wish to spend the extra money for only a few more horsepower), and start with one of your 750's

I tried a Torquer II once when i was first testing that motor with a 800 DP Holley, lost 500 Rpms to the Tunnel ram and Dual 750's. I thought BBF's in Jets needed a lot of fuel?

nosfomoco

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 2nd 2012, 10:24 pm

nosfomoco wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:With your situation I would use a Torquer II intake with a 1 inch thick "Cloverleaf" spacer, (a TFS "Track Heat" if you wish to spend the extra money for only a few more horsepower), and start with one of your 750's

I tried a Torquer II once when i was first testing that motor with a 800 DP Holley, lost 500 Rpms to the Tunnel ram and Dual 750's. I thought BBF's in Jets needed a lot of fuel?
''

Then remove or cut a hole in the engine cover and get what you think you should have.
Change the heads and quit screwin' around with stuff that barely matters.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  1fatcat January 3rd 2012, 7:01 pm

i would shy away from the port o sonic , ran 2 different port o sonics (sent the first one back) and both were cast wrong. the intake ports were in the wrong location on one side of the manifold. had a proplem sealing the ports on one side . drove me nuts for a long time till i discoverd the problem. switched to a weind, problem solved ! now run a edelbrock victor and love it . for the boat i would recomend either .
1fatcat
1fatcat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down