BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel?

+5
dfree383
460pulling
c.evans
kim
ED468
9 posters

Go down

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel? Empty Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel?

Post  ED468 March 11th 2014, 11:42 pm

Was wondering about Mike Philops in KY. The second whole has some damage on my Boss 302 block, like to beable to install the front bearing in the second spot since it .015 bigger o.d. , what two cam bearing kits lol, dont want rollers on the street.Thanks

ED468

Back to top Go down

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel? Empty Re: Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel?

Post  kim March 11th 2014, 11:57 pm

why not, you can pin prick the roller shell and feed oil spray and viola.... low resistance, and oil cool....

kim

Back to top Go down

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel? Empty been some descussion on that.

Post  ED468 March 12th 2014, 12:24 am

But dont want to run a billet cam, hydr. roller would keep cost down alot also.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel? Empty Re: Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel?

Post  c.evans March 12th 2014, 1:45 am

ED468 wrote:Was wondering about Mike Philops in KY.   The second whole has some damage on my Boss 302 block, like to beable to install the front bearing in the second spot since it .015 bigger o.d. , what two cam bearing kits lol, dont want rollers on the street.Thanks

Mike cannot do it at Philpot. Go to Mark Cummins in Princeton, IN. They are known for building sprint car engines, but they can do it.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel? Empty Bob Hardison

Post  460pulling March 12th 2014, 8:02 am

Jet boat Bob can in Island Kentucky. He has a very nice shop also.

Bob Hardison

265 Meadowview Drive

Island, KY 42350

270-486-9060

Last edited by 460pulling on March 12th 2014, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

460pulling

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 12th 2014, 9:16 am

Oakley may be able to do something with it too. He's right up the street from Mike Phillips.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 12th 2014, 11:47 am

I don't know where you are located, but Tony Bischoff, can do it , he is in the Cincinnati area.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Who around il. ind. Ky. tristate can hone a cam tunnel? Empty cam tunnel

Post  ED468 March 12th 2014, 12:02 pm

Thanks guys didn't know so few shops did it, I seen clevite sells .010 oversize bearings is this o.d.?

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Foxfire85 March 12th 2014, 12:12 pm

Bishoff is good. There's also another local engine builder (in northern ky) by the name of Jim nave that could more than likely do it. He's built a lot of circle track small blocks screamers and offroad engines that I know of. I could get his contact info for you if it would be convenient.

Jeremy
Foxfire85
Foxfire85

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 12th 2014, 1:35 pm

Let your fingers do the walking and call around. A shop with a 2 1/4" arbour for their line hone could possibly do it.
However, it will be best to bore it to within a .001" of the finished size.

I send mine out to 2 different places ... one to bore it and one to finish hone it.
If there is NOT something special about that block, then get another.

EDIT:   I missed that it was a small block. The line hone arbour won't work as the holes are all different sizes. I thought this was for a big block.
Have them all bored to the same size and use the DART block cam bearings.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 12th 2014, 7:33 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Let your fingers do the walking and call around. A shop with a 2 1/4" arbour for their line hone could possibly do it.
However, it will be best to bore it to within a .001" of the finished size.

I send mine out to 2 different places ... one to bore it and one to finish hone it.
If there is NOT something special about that block, then get another.

EDIT:   I missed that it was a small block. The line hone arbour won't work as the holes are all different sizes. I thought this was for a big block.
Have them all bored to the same size and use the DART block cam bearings.

Thats what i would do Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down