BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunati 72412

2 posters

Go down

Lunati 72412 Empty Lunati 72412

Post  Slowride June 4th 2019, 11:24 pm

The downside to building a car from the ground up (and trying to do it inexpensively) is buying parts when you find a deal and packing them away until they're needed later. That's where I am on finding a set of Lunati 72412 solid roller lifters. I'm re-doing the frame and rear suspension, but will need lifters in the (hopefully) not too distant future. Application is a 545, SCJ heads, 10.5:1 forged '32 3 window that'll be about 95% race.
I've read a lot about different roller lifters and issues with street duty, spring pressure, needle bearing vs bushed, etc. Question is, are these Lunati's a good fit for a budget 750ish hp drag motor?

Slowride

Back to top Go down

Lunati 72412 Empty Re: Lunati 72412

Post  rmcomprandy June 5th 2019, 10:04 am

Slowride wrote:The downside to building a car from the ground up (and trying to do it inexpensively) is buying parts when you find a deal and packing them away until they're needed later. That's where I am on finding a set of Lunati 72412 solid roller lifters. I'm re-doing the frame and rear suspension, but will need lifters in the (hopefully) not too distant future. Application is a 545, SCJ heads, 10.5:1 forged '32 3 window that'll be about 95% race.
I've read a lot about different roller lifters and issues with street duty, spring pressure, needle bearing vs bushed, etc. Question is, are these Lunati's a good fit for a budget 750ish hp drag motor?

They'll be just fine.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down