BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time out with the car this year ! UPDATE !

+17
KY JELLY
Treeyasoon
DILLIGASDAVE
TravisRice
72mav
bigjohn2007
bruno
bigblockfox468
cool40
Nevs
D. Sea
audietorino72
BigBlockFalcon
dfree383
bbf-falcon
665 falcon
Tony M
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First time out with the car this year ! UPDATE ! - Page 2 Empty Re: First time out with the car this year ! UPDATE !

Post  Tony M September 27th 2010, 7:26 pm

No video yet. I will be going out in a week or two to start the examination and I will get some video. Air pressure set 6lbs . I will look into the shock settings. Unfortunatley I keep the car about 1 1/2 hrs away from where I live so the info is not at my fingertips.
My initial thought was the converter was a little on the tight side and adding the extra NOS would remedy that issue but that clearly is not the case.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

First time out with the car this year ! UPDATE ! - Page 2 Empty Re: First time out with the car this year ! UPDATE !

Post  Tony M September 27th 2010, 7:31 pm

bruno wrote:
Thunderstruck wrote:UPDATE 9/25/10 Atco Raceway

32-28 12 degrees out 5 1/2 lbs fuel pressure NOS turns on 5 hundreths into run....

7.162 @ 194.88 mph full track
4.613 @ 154.65 mph half track

Some investigation needed. car is not showing any improvements in the short time and refuses to go a sub 4.6 in the 8th.
Any ideas Question Question Question

And that is 32 nos and 28 fuel ? what do the plugs look like ..... please give Steve Johnson a call , he can help you

dfree383 wrote:Tires?

32 NOS and 28 ffuel correct

Tires have 22 passes Hoosier 17x33.5x16 Beadlocks medium side wall
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon September 27th 2010, 7:42 pm

I missed this thread before....man that thing is movin'. Cool Nice Job.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE September 28th 2010, 12:16 am

I would almost say that 6lbs was a little on the low side for 33.5's, but the slight nitrous delay & beadlocks being part of the combo does play a part too. So 6lbs could actually be dead on for the combo. Truth be told it's really hard to say without knowing more of the settings and/or seeing good up close launch video because every car is different.

But still 4.60's is a killer lap in my opinion. It would be too quick for the 4.70 index the Outlaw Top Sportsman guys run around here. They did try to bump the index down to 4.50 earlier in the year but not enough guys could run the number.

Keep after it. Twisted Evil
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY September 30th 2010, 10:14 am

very impressive Shocked what are the 330 #'s ?
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M October 27th 2010, 11:16 pm

32-28 -10 degrees timing 5lbs Fuel pressure NGK 10 plugs eliminated unnoticed electrical issues

60 1.061
330 2.963
660 4.528
mph 157.77
1000 5.865
ET 6.994
MPH 199.14
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller October 27th 2010, 11:20 pm

Very cool congrats on your first 6 second pass!!!

Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 28th 2010, 12:00 am

thats GRRRRRREEEEEEAAT. and pretty Dam Bad Ass Cool

And the Thunder just Struck Smile

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M October 28th 2010, 12:21 am

Thanks guys ! If the weather holds out up here going out in 2 weeks with the 36 -32 tune up in her to get this thing (hopefully) in the low 6.90's or possibly high 6.80's at over 200 mph. Time will tell and I will keep you guys posted.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 28th 2010, 12:26 am

Cool cheers

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M October 28th 2010, 12:30 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:A door car running 4.60's in the 1/8th is moving right along, damn fine lap. Getting to the 50's might be a simple tweak, or a combination of a few things. Got any close up launch video from a rear/driver side angle so we can see what the car/tires are doing?

some questions........

Is there a small/large/no amount of initial tire rotation before the actual hook?

How hard is the sidewall getting hit/wound-up?

How hard are the wheelie bars hitting the ground?

How tight (from "full tight") is the shock's extension & compression valving set?

How much air pressure?

Dave a video was put on line from the shake down at E-town 10.29 seconds in is a 7.09 pass. Not sure if you will be able to gather any info from it.

http://www.shakedownatetown.com/multimedia.html
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M October 28th 2010, 12:35 am

Go to table of contents (right corner)
Click on 2010 Streaming video
Click on E SD Nitrous Pro Mod

sorry guys. not very computer literate. Embarassed
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno October 30th 2010, 9:44 pm

very nice ....... congrats on the pass !!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 31st 2010, 9:10 am

That's pretty cool man cheers
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 2nd 2010, 9:43 pm

Finally got to see the video. Cool

In my opinion (from what I could see at that distance), the T-bird looked pretty good to me. The front end did come up a little higher than some of the other cars there, but every car is different.

Depending on where the I/C is currently at, you could try playing with tightening the rear shock extension a little to see if slowing down the initial hit a little helps lower the nose a little. Or if the rear extension valving is already set pretty tight, you could just try lowering the wheelie bars a little just to see what happens. You could also try to tighten the front strut extension valving a little if they are currently set on the loose side.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M November 2nd 2010, 10:37 pm

Thanks Dave. I have checked and tightened the rear shocks. Front struts are as tight as they can be. I have lowered the wheelie bars another inch and put the 36nos 32fuel jets in her but as luck would have it its getting to cold to attempt a pass or 2 at any tracks up here (and its only going to get colder) So looks like I will have to continue this experiment next year. Over the winter I am going to see my local fabricator and have as much weight removed from the rear to the front of the car as I can (i.e. fuel cell,pump,fire bottle etc) I will also get the 4 link mapped out so I can speak semi inteligently about how the car is currently set up.
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 November 3rd 2010, 12:06 am

very very nice! i bet you felt a little out numbered! dam i thought i'd see a camero on the video Laughing one looked like that storm chaser "tank' on discovery. Laughing some good video for sure.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M November 3rd 2010, 11:46 am

Out numbered and out gunned. The only other Ford in the class had rolled over in the first three minutes of that video. If you were wondering who's car that was, thats John Nobile's old Pro Stock Probe. affraid
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Snowball Racing November 3rd 2010, 12:42 pm

SWEET! That beeyotch moves on the back half...
Snowball Racing
Snowball Racing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2